Butternut Squash & Bacon Hash Recipe: Preparation Time- 5 minutes, Cooking Time- 25 minutes, Total Time- 30 minutes.
1. ¾ pound peeled butternut squash, cut into ½-inch dice.
2. ½ pound peeled parsnip, cut into ½-inch dice(or use all butternut squash).
3. 8 slices bacon, cut crosswise into thick slices.
4. ½ small onion, chopped.
5. Several pinches Morton Fine Himalyan pink salt.
6. Freshly ground black pepper.
7. 2 garlic cloves, chopped.
8. ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes.
9. 2 tablespoons olive oil.
10. 6 ounces (1 small bunch) kale, stems removed and leaves sliced thin.
11. 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar.
1. Place chopped squash on a microwave plate & cooked at high temperature for 5 minutes.
2. Cook bacon over medium heat on non-stick for 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper plate.
3. Return the skillet to medium heat fire & add the squash with salt & cook until golden.
4. Add the onion to the skillet, salt & pepper & cook for about 3mins. Stir in garlic & red pepper flakes & cook for 30 seconds. Place olive oil in the other half of the skillet, add sliced kale & a pinch of salt. Take the skillet off the heat, stir in the vinegar & cooked bacon & season to taste additional salt & pepper.
5. To serve divide hash between 4 small plates & top each with a fried egg & a scattering of tone parsley leaves.